Employment Type Full-Time Location Melbourne CBD, Australia BAR Studio
International, collaborative and culturally-engaged, BAR Studio specialises in the design of hotels and resorts throughout Asia Pacific and Australasia. We have established a portfolio of refined and sensitively realised projects, including Park Hyatt Sydney, Rosewood Beijing and Rosewood Phuket.
We are committed to design responses that ground each project in a material and aesthetic landscape. Above all else we value material and spatial quality, detail, and the integrity of the designed outcome.
The key to creating successful design outcomes lies in our personal approach and our creative and professional collaboration with strong, cohesive and effective consultant teams. We structure our studio so that key senior members are across all projects, ensuring each project is prioritised company-wide, and our directors and key staff are integrally involved in all aspects of design and delivery.
Finding people who are a good fit for our studio is important to us, and we have an exciting new opportunity for a Furniture Designer to join our growing team. Working closely with the Furniture Design Leader you will be responsible for the design and documentation of furniture, decorative objects, decorative and furniture selection from concept through to manufacture.
This exciting opportunity will suit a collaborative, proactive and highly skilled person with a high attention to detail to take an approved concept through design development and documentation to achieve an exceptional outcome.
As the Furniture Designer, you will be responsible for the following:
· Creation of design in collaboration with the Furniture and Interiors Team;
· Developing and documenting the design in 3D Rhino/Sketchup and 2D AutoCAD;
· Project coordination including specification;
· Communication with both internal and external stakeholders;
· Quality Assurance to ensure documentation complies with BAR’s documentation standards, current regulations and satisfies scope requirements.
· Qualification in Design (Interior/Industrial/Architecture)
· A minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience working with industry suppliers, manufacturers and products
· Proficient in Rhino, Sketchup, AutoCAD and Excel
· Proficient in Adobe Suite advantageous
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong time management skills
· Ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced design environment
Key Selection Criteria
· Proactive and able to manage own workload
· Proven strong communications skills with various stakeholders
· Ability to articulate and interrogate overall design process and objectives to enable independent workflow
To apply for this great opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org